Last Step To Certification
The attainment of the Credentialing Level status indicates that the clinician has met predetermined requirements established by The McKenzie Institute International (MII) to recognize basic competency in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® (MDT).
The MII Credentialing Examination is the worldwide standard for all branches consisting of multi-method testing with written and practical components designed to assess the clinical knowledge and skills developed by the practitioner throughout the post-graduate course curriculum. Those who pass the exam may use the initials "Cert. MDT" and are added to the online Therapist Locator for those seeking certified MDT providers.
Eligibility Requirements (Policy):
- Completion of Parts A-D
- Licensed or Registered practitioner
Exam Schedule and Fees:
- Limited Class Size: Each exam is typically limited to 25 participants (including only 5 retakes). Applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Completed application and full payment must be received 30 days prior to the posted exam date.
- Please contact Cindy Butler if you need to retake the exam or a portion of the exam. An alternative option to retake the performance section only may be available at any course held with two instructors (i.e. Adv CDM, etc.)
- Important Download:'Info for Candidate' Booklet
This 'Info for Candidate Booklet' contains the examination policy and procedures that you will be expected to follow onsite. Also, sample questions and guidelines for each section are included.
- Register online below or download the Exam Registration Form:Click Here
- After confirmed exam registration, you will be given access to advanced videos of MDT Procedures.
1st Time: $500
- Whole: $250
- Written: $200
- Performance: $50
Before making travel arrangements, be sure you have the written letter of confirmation for your registration.
Feb 2, 2019: Austin, TX (full)
Mar 30, 2019: Indianapolis, IN (full)
May 4, 2019: Somerville, NJ (7 Seats Available) – Register Now
Jun 8, 2019: Portland, OR (14 Seats Available) – Register Now
Jul 20, 2019: Jacksonville, FL (20 Seats Available) – Register Now
Sep 14, 2019: Chicago, IL (19 Seats Available) – Register Now
Oct 19, 2019: San Diego, CA (23 Seats Available) – Register Now
Nov 9, 2019: Atlanta, GA (24 Seats Available) – Register Now
In preparation for the exam, you might consider:
- Reading the McKenzie textbooks and reviewing your course manuals and notes
- Review of MDT Procedure Videos
- Auditing a course (A-D) for 50% of course tuition
- Attending the Advanced Extremities and Advanced Clinical Decision Making (CDM) courses
- Taking the online McKenzie Case Manager - a great review of clinical reasoning as you work through the assessment and diagnostic process.
Benefits of being a Certified McKenzie practitioner:
- Those who pass the Credentialing Exam are added to our online Therapist Locator directory of qualified practitioners to receive potential referrals for three years.
- Recognition of your expertise and enhancement of our professional status among your colleagues, your faculty, community, referring professionals, industry, and third party insurers.
- Recently Credentialed MDT Clinicians: Use this Press Release Template to announce your accomplishment!
- Requests for involvement with ongoing outcome studies and research projects
- To insure ongoing practice of the highest standards of MDT, practitioners must fulfill continuing education requirements to remain part of the patient referral network:
For more information, please contact Cindy Butler, Program Coordinator at (800) 635-8380 or email: email@example.com